Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Jeans, Jackets, Jeggings, and Fauxlexes

Hi everyone!
  First off, I want to thank you all for your comments in general and in particular, on my last post.  I've said it before, but recovering from an ED is one the most challenging things anyone could ever go through.  Because it's not like a broken leg, it doesn't heal in "x" amount of time.  ED is a disease that has a long and hard and drawn out healing process.  I haven't replied to your comments because your comments are still simmering in my head.  They are so very helpful and I just want you all to know that I truly and deeply appreciate your thoughts and all of your help.  You are all wonderful!

  Now that that's out of the way, let talk FASHION!!

  The past few months I've slowly acquired some of the must-haves for the upcoming Fall season.  What are these must-haves, you say?  Well, first of all, fashion is different for everyone, so my must-haves may not be yours.  No one person has the same exact style and taste as another, and I have spent years developing mine.  My style is a hodgepodge of different things.  Some days I want to dress like delicate girl and some days I want to explore fashion androgyny.  I'm a bit of a fashion nut some days, but if I like what I'm wearing, I don't really care if others think it's odd.

  So, back to those must haves.... My #1 must-have is a Chanel classic flap bag in black. 


 BUT, since that's not going to happen I have settled on these:

-Slouchy black blazer

-Gold fauxlex watch (fake Rolex- obviously I can't afford the real thing!)

-Jeggings (I really dislike this word with a passion!!  It just doesn't sound right)-- These pants are a great staple for any kind of wardrobe.  The best color is probably a dark ink-y wash-that way you have the option of dressing them up or down.

-Jeans- all different kinds--I am a huge jean whore and own way too many jeans than any one person should ever own.  But each season, I want the newest styles!

  I played dress-up today and here are a few of the styles I put together:



Tank top: Ann Taylor Loft
Distressed jeans: Charlotte Russe
Royal blue suede heels: Charlotte Russe
Gold and black braided headband: Forever21
Fauxlex watch: Target
Bag: Louis Vuitton 




Blazer: Ann Taylor Loft


Ink wash jeggings: Ann Taylor Loft
Black jacket: Express



What are your must haves for the upcoming Fall season?


P.S.  Surprise!  New background ;)

4 comments:

  1. I had to have a really awesome jacket. I found a deep blue/teal suede-like one yesterday...and it fits perfectly! I love it and it has some subtle girly details. It was quite the find for $8. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know what i am all about right now? suit vests! i am desperately searching for one with a houndstooth or herringbone pattern... or even a snappy pinstripe would be okay if it has enough contrast in it. i have a plain black vest with almost a brass band style cable applique on it, but it isn't quite there. i love vests with jeans, and either a cool t-shirt or white shirt! and hirachi sandals... can't find a good pair of those either :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ShePenguin- that's awesome!! Good job ;)

    Caroline- I posted links on your page. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very awesome jacket and i like these pictures...

    Reflective Motorcycle Vests

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave Some Love & Inspiration!