Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Grocery Shopping

Today was a good day.

As I write this, I am laying in bed covered with two blankets, even though it was almost 50 degrees out all day.  My two cats are taking cat naps around me, mostly because I'm too comfy to get up and let them out of my room (they tried begging for, like, 5 seconds and then plopped down).

Today was a pretty busy day, and I didn't get some of the stuff I wanted to get done, but I did go grocery shopping!  I know, I know, grocery shopping-- snooooooore.  Well, I absolutely LOVE grocery shopping. I don't really like the actually dragging myself to the store after work part, but once I'm in door it's as if the gates of heaven have opened!  Everything that I could think of (mostly) in one place?  Yes, please!

I got a great variety of food and I semi-violated the Golden Rule of Grocery Shopping... I didn't fully stick to my list.
However, I did get great 180 calorie bagels, 2% milkfat American cheese, Jello cups, Light & Fit yogurts, and black plums.  And this is all on top of my usual lettuce, tomatoes, apples, oranges, chicken, fish, tuna, cat food, etc list.  And according to J (fiance), tuna should be lumped in under cat food because "cats and humans should NOT eat the same things, and if your cats like it you shouldn't eat it!".  Can you tell he hates tuna?  One time he actually physically removed himself from the room in which I was eating tuna because "the smell makes (him) gag".  That being said, I had to buy 8 cans of tuna- 4 for me, 4 for the cats ;)

Since this week is Spring Break for my university, the gym that I belong to (university gym) closes at 7 pm.  I didn't get done grocery shopping until 5:30, and I usually need a good hour and fifteen minutes at the gym.  This doesn't include the 15 minute drive there and changing out of my work clothes, etc.  And I also didn't want to leave my groceries sitting in my car for that long.  So I decided to skip the gym for today and work out at home.

My at home work-out was semi-satisfying because I didn't get to do my 40 minutes of the elliptical and step-thingy machine, and I didn't get to do my leg and butt machines.  So I spent about 40 minutes doing my normal mat-work with 3-pound weights that I had at home and I tried a few new exercises.  But it made me wish that I had heavier weights.  I got two 3-pounds dumbbells when I first started exercising 4 times a week in January, but now I'm up to 5 and 8 pounds weights, and the 3 pound weights were kind of silly.  But hey, at least I got some exercise in and I ate really well.

Also, I'm thinking of putting up a food-diary of what I ate during the day.  What do you guys thing about that?  Is that something that would be interesting?

I will put one up for today anyway.  As a disclaimer, I forgot to set my alarm and didn't wake up until 10 am (when J called me), and I didn't eat 'breakfast' until 11:30!  Don't worry, I didn't have to be at work until 1 pm :)

*Breakfast (11:30):

-2 slices of 100% wheat toast with 1/3 fat Philly cream cheese and tea

*Lunch/weird mid-afternoon snack (3:00 pm):

-hard-boiled egg, carrots

*Late-afternoon snack (5:00 pm):

-a honeycrisp apple (Yum...my favorite kind!)

*Dinner (8:30 pm):

-3 oz salmon left over from last night, 1/2 cup of pasta with Ragu and parmesan cheese, yummy salad (lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, carrots, chickpeas, with a raspberry vinaigrette dressing)

*Late-night snack (9:45):

-10-calorie strawberry jello and raspberry light and fit

So all in all, it was a pretty healthy, non-binging day.  I tried to get my fruits, veggies, protein, carbs, and fat by incorporating a variety of different foods into my meals.  The only screwy thing was that most of my meals were pushed back a few hours, because of my apparent inability to set an alarm.

So, tell me, how was your day?  How was your exercise/food experience today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Some Love & Inspiration!