Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring is almost here!

It was almost in the mid-50's today in MICHIGAN!  And it's barely mid-March!  Let us pray and hope to the almighty weather Gods that the glorious sunshines decides to stay.

Today was another great day, although I did have some disordered eating thoughts.  First, I'll list what I ate:

*Breakfast (9 am):
-100% wheat bagel with 1/3 fat Philly cream cheese and tea

*Mid-morning snack (11 am):
-50 calorie Light & Fit strawberry and cream yogurt

*Lunch (1 pm):
-chicken sandwich on wheat toast with tomatoes, avocados, lettuce and raspberry vinaigrette dressing
-orange

*Dinner (7:30 pm):
-A persian dish called 'zereshk polo' wich consists of a stew-like chicken breast cooked with onions and cinnamon poured over white rice with cooked barberry.
-side salad of lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, and carrots

The reason that I feel a little guilty about my food today is because I probably exceeded 1200 calories.  I'm still trying to get used to eating lunch everyday and not feeling bad about it.  You see, I used to only eat something verrry small for lunch, and save the majority of my calories for dinner.  So, now that I'm eating lunch, I'm most likely getting extra calories.
However, I did stop eating dinner when I was full, not when everything on my pate was gone, and there was some rice and chicken left over.

Honestly though, I shouldn't feel that guilty because I worked out for over an hour today at the gym.  I did 25 minutes of the elliptical, 10 minutes on the stepping machine, and then 40 minutes of strength training with weights, machines, and ab-work.

I also need to cut myself some slack because I've been working out ~4 times a week since January and my metabolism has probably gone up and well, when you work out, you're burning more calories.

So yes, that was my day today.

Oh another note, I start my unpaid internship with the Michigan Department of Community Health tomorrow morning.  I'm really excited!!

Now, off I go to clean the mess I made while cooking dinner ;)

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are recognizing your ED thoughts for what they are! Take gentle care of yourself on this journey:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charlotte! It's tough, but I've gotta start eating 'normally' at some point in my life. Might as well be now!

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave Some Love & Inspiration!