Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Running running

I had the most AMAZING run today!  It was 60 degrees and beautiful out, and I just couldn't imagine being inside in a gym.  But I had to work out, so I went out and bought a couple of dumbbells (5 pounds and 8 pounds).  Once I got home, I strapped on my trustee Nike sneaks that I bought around the time when J and I started dating (almost 5 years ago!).  In fact, he was on the phone with me when I was buying them, haha.  Anyway, I put on my sneaks and did a 2-minute brisk walk, and then I started to run.  After 5 minutes I thought "HOLY CRAP!!  I just ran 5 minutes straight!! I should see if I can run the whole time..."  And guess what, I DID!! I ran for 25 minutes straight.  And I am not a runner.  So that means that my working out 3 times a week have made me much stronger and fit.  I then came home and did 40 minutes of strength training.  I am so happy.  I cannot express how excited I am to report this exercise triumph!

  Oh and I also made shrimp stir fry for dinner.  What a fabulous day =D

2 comments:

  1. Yay! That is so great! Maybe that guy in the gym was right, you are a runner! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha maybe! I used to run 3 miles a day, way back when... =D

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave Some Love & Inspiration!