I kicked my own ass today with my work out. It was really gorgeous out so I opted out of going to the gym and decided to go for a run instead. Well, it turned out to be a wog (walk-jog =)) because after 10 minutes of running, I had a cramp in my oblique and it hurt like a bitch! So I had to space out running and walking.
I wogged for 35 minutes and really took in the sunshine and the blooming magnolia trees. Growing up, my aunt had a giant magnolia tree in her yard. My favorite time of year was when that tree bloomed. It was so pure and beautiful. And I'm lucky enough to live in a neighborhood with a thousand magnolia trees blooming every where!
Anyway, after I came back home I did strength training exercises (~30 minutes) with my 5 and 8 pound dumbbells. I would tell you what they were, but I have no idea what some of them are called. All I know is that my bum was burning and that I couldn't wait till my ab exercises, just so I could lay on my back and be off my feet! Feeeeel the burn baby. And feel the burn, I did =D
Here is my food log for the day, but I'll keep it nice and sweet since I'm a creature of habit:
-Same thing I eat every day (and love!)
-1/4 cup milk
- Boiled egg/avacado/tomato/carrot/lettuce/raspberry vin. dressing salad
-cheesy mashed potatos
-tea (LOVE tea!)
I do want say that I have been trying very hard to actually *make* everything that I put in my mouth. Well, except things like bread, pasta, cheese, yogurt and milk. Mostly because I don't live on a farm and have a cow named Betsy. But I did want to share with you how I make my cheesy mashed potatoes because I've been asked by multiple people.
I actually make the cheesy mashed potatoes from scratch. It's easy and takes 10 minutes, tops.
****Cheesy Mashed Potatoes:
1. Wash potato thoroughly and poke holes everywhere with a fork or a knife. I like to break the potato apart a little so it can breath.
2. Wrap potato in several layers of paper towel. Run the potato+paper towel under water so that the paper towels are completely soaked.
3. Microwave wrapped potato on high for 7-10 minutes.
4. Be careful when removing the potato-- do it with an oven mitt! Remove potato and place in bowl.
5. Mash potato with a fork. Add some water so that your potato is easier to mash.
6. Add a tiny bit of butter and mix with mashed potatoes.
7. Put any type of cheese that you like on top of your mashed potatoes. I used to put sharp cheddar on top, but now I put 1 slice of 2% American cheese. Microwave bowl with mashed potatoes and cheese for 1 minute.
8. Take bowl out and mix cheese with mashed potatoes. Season to taste: I like salt and pepper.
=) Enjoy eating your own mashed potatoes, made from scratch!
On a final note, I REALLY need to go grocery shopping. I am now completely out of fresh fruits and veggies & I hate not being able to eat them.
So tell me, have you done a kick ass work out recently?