Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Slacker

I'm sorry I've been slacking on blogging a bit.  To tell you the truth, I haven't had anything super duper exciting to write about (regarding eating/exercise/etc issue).

I've been awful at going to the gym.  I've gone once in the past 2 weeks.  But my eating has been pretty ok.  Well, I pretty much binged on Sunday: ice cream, cookies, fried chicken, fries, a burger (WOW!).  But I've been okay since then.

On most days I don't binge.  I eat normally when I'm hungry, and then I stop eating when I'm full.  I've been really listening to my body's cues on what it wants to be fed.  I know I'm going to sound kind nuts here but I really feel like my body has been telling me "I'm low on sugar, I would like some watermelon." or "I want something crunchy and fatty, but something you won't regret later: almonds".  It's actually kind of nice to be listening to my body's cues.  It's definitely enlightening since with all the eating disorders I had basically lost that little voice inside my head telling me what to eat or not eat and what my body needs.

This is not to say that I don't crave things other than health foods.  Because I do.  I wish that I could gobble up a carton of Ben & Jerry's half-baked ice cream twice a day.  I really love sweets THAT much.  And it's very dangerous for me, so I try my best to stay away.  I barely have any snack foods in the house.  The only things I have are veggies and fruits.  Because if I had the other stuff I'd probably binge on them.

My body feels a little less tight b/c I haven't been going to the gym regularly, but it's not completely out of wack.  I feel pretty ok about it still.  However, we are going to a friend's cottage in 2 1/2 weeks and I wanna tighten my body up a bit.  So back to the gym it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Some Love & Inspiration!