Friday, May 28, 2010

Body part persecution- arms


  Sometimes I feel like a broken record.  Above is a picture from last night's sushi date with a few of my friends.  I love taking pictures and I always have my camera with me for fun events.  The real problem comes when I look at the pictures later at home.  

  I analyze the shit out of pictures that I'm in.  

"Do my arms look big?  OMG they DO look big!!!"  

"Do my legs look flabby?"
"Do I look big?"
"Do I look chubby?"
"Do I look like I've gained 5 pounds?"
"Am I fatter than the other people in the picture?"
"Do I have face chub?"
.
.
.


FUCK.  The above picture from last night really got to me.  I'm in the middle.  The two girls beside me are TINY I mean like bone-thin.  No, I don't expect to look like them.  However, before I started exercising, my arms and upper body were very thin.  I carried my weight in my upper thigh area.  And now that I have gained a few pounds (of muscle I think/hope), my weight has redistributed everywhere.  My arms and upper body are bigger.  And my skinny upper body was something that I really liked about my body before.  And now it's gone.  

I know I don't look fat.  I know.  It's just so difficult for me to accept that the one thing I really liked about my body is pretty much gone.  

Maybe the fact that my thighs and butt are much more toned now could make up for my long-gone skinny top.  But most pictures are from the waist up, ergo not documenting my toned legs and butt.  I hate feeling like I look fat in pictures.  They remind me of my high school senior pictures in which I looked like a wooly mammoth.

Oii vey.  I have serious body image issues.

So tell me, is there a particular body part that you love/hate?
Am I completely crazy?

:)

4 comments:

  1. Thighs. Absolutely, positively hate my thighs. I hate wearing shorts, and even feel like they are disgusting in jeans. I have a ton of strength in them, left-over from cheerleading and now squats...but I still hate the way they look. :/

    I dislike my arms too, but not nearly as much. You look great Yasi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you there, sister!

    I'm not completely in love with my thighs either.

    And thank you for the compliment. I am just having a semi-difficult time adjusting to way my body looks now.

    I have good days and bad days.

    Eh, at least I'm not starving all the time hah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to agree with you and say I hate my arms. I used to figure skate competitively in high school, so I was very toned all over. So, other the last 3 years as I've gained weight, I hate my arms!

    Although its like you said, at least I'm not starving all the time anymore...cause I pretty much starved all through high school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally feel you!

    I don't absolutely hate my arms. I just hate that they've gotten bigger :(

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave Some Love & Inspiration!